How to Narrow It All Down
Goals: You're not the only one. Pick one. Go with that.
But my problem is in the choosing. It's like choosing your favorite child. I just can't. There are so many things I want to accomplish.
- Having a song on Sirius XM coffee house.
- Having a song on a Disney Pixar movie
- Writing a best-selling, award-winning children's picture book
- Making it to the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville as a performer
- Recording a CD at the Avett's studio
- Working with the Sesame Street cast in Astoria, NY
- Having a hit song/video on CMT
- Being able to work from home yet go to red carpet premier events
- Do more writing for Sesame Street, possibly HGTV (somehow?), NBC Today Show, PBS, HBO kids, Austin City Limits, or something even bigger that I'm unaware of at the moment.
- To make 100k/yr or more in the next 5 years.
Perhaps I should state the things I DON'T want:
- I don't want to tour year-round
- I don't want to have to perform on stage all the time
- I don't want to have to go to a 9-5 job/office
- I don't want to have to dress up for work
- I don't want to fatigue myself with performing
- I don't want to make less than 100k/year
- I don't want my work to damage my stability
- Being able to work from home
- Being able to work at my own pace
- Having creative freedom
- Having respectable leadership (competent, respectable producers, directors with their hearts in the right place)
- Having a piece of art or music or writing on a hit show, movie, or book or all three
- Being able to meet my audience and connect with them
- Helping an underrepresented group in society that I can relate to
- Being able to be available for my family 90% of the time
- Something that my family can enjoy together (Disney, Universal, PBSkids, Youtube, Scholastic)
- Having my work fit with my talents, abilities, and calling
- Freelancing for Sesame Street
- Freelancing for PBS
- Freelancing for HBOkids
- Writing songs for films yet unknown
- Writing songs for shows
- Writing a best-selling book under Scholastic publishing or Penguin or Harper Collins
- Having my best-selling book turned into a movie and writing the soundtrack as well!
- Start writing the book (choose auto-biography or children's)
- Work on Children's book
- Work on songs to go with (collaborate on writing)
- Brainstorm ideas for autobiography and children's book (MINE MY JOURNALS FOR THE GOLD)
- Start typing out my journals
- Organize them chronologically.
- Mine the journals for material
- Work in songs, lyrics, poems, music, soundtracks
- Research successful people who are musicians, actors, writers, novelists, etc...
- PRAY PRAY PRAY about it!
- Find purpose through art, and art through purpose...what does the world need now?
- Be a lover of the world--give it what you desire from it--something you'll enjoy indefinitely
-Helping Lilly with her blog, helping little D with his baseball goals, helping Don pay off our mortgage, TRAVEL! Food! Fun! Purpose! Drive! Coffee shops! Art!
- TRAVEL!! Going to Hawaii, Slovakia, Paris, Iceland, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, India, Spain, and Ireland
- WATER!! Having a house, a vacation house or permanent house by the Ocean.
- FOOD! Having the ability to go to great restaurants
- EVENTS! Having the ability to attend super exciting events and premiers
- HELP! Being able to help families, individuals, to achieve their goals, to be inspired, to be kind, strong, healthy, stable, happy
- SHARE!! To be able to share either knowledge, money, time, service, goods, or words with the world to help it heal and grow.
- CLOTHES! To be able to wear whatever I want, perhaps to design my own clothing, perfume
- FRIENDS!! To have friends in high and low places all over the world that I have mutual respect for
- INFLUENCE!! To be able to influence people positively in the world
- PEACE!! To be able to live peacefully
So that's where I'll stop. I've spilled my guts here, but nothing is private anymore it seems. Maybe if I put those wishes out there in the atmosphere, someone will answer my prayers. It's worth a shot. I always take the shot. At least I feel like I do. Until next time, peace and love, and love and peace to you all!